More to life than pumpkin spice

Antonia Gutierrez, Staff Writer

As the weather cools, warm drinks start to become more popular. Coffee shops and restaurants are coming out with new limited edition drinks.

At the beginning of September, McDonald’s, Starbucks, and Dutch Bros release their most popular flavor pumpkin spice. These drinks will only be available until January.

McDonald’s released a new pumpkin spice flavor, which can be added to any of its coffee products. Starbucks has come out with its limited time pumpkin spice latte and salted caramel mocha frappe.

Dutch Bros, on the other hand, has a wide selection of drinks to choose from. Its pumpkin spice flavoring is a limited edition though. The company has peppermint flavors as well, and the Christmas morning drink is a popular year-round drink that it sells.

Nicole Stampke, LCSC freshman, gave her insight on some of her favorite holiday drinks. “It’s not really a holiday drink, but a French Vanilla Bean Chai is like the best around Christmas time. My sister also likes dirty Christmas Mornings.”

Maddy Winn, University of Idaho transfer student, who worked as a Starbucks barista for a time, said, “It wasn’t on the menu I don’t think, (but it’s) basically steamed apple juice with cinnamon and caramel.”

These holiday drinks won’t be available forever, so head out and find your new favorite festive drink.