Life Lab and Warrior Pantry: get involved

Back to Article
Back to Article

Kayla Glaser

Kayla Glaser

Kayla Glaser

Kayla Glaser

The Garden:

LCSC students, faculty and staff are welcome to come visit the on-campus Learning Garden. The garden boasts a variety of veggies that can be picked and taken home.
If you are interested in the Learning Garden and want to get more involved, join The Life Lab or come talk to Kayla Glaser ([email protected]). All new members of The Life Lab are given special thank you goodies. The club is always looking for helping hands.

Upcoming Event:

We are putting the garden to bed Saturday, Oct. 26 at 10 a.m. in the Learning Garden. There will be music and holiday goodies. Please email Kayla Glaser at [email protected] if you are interested in volunteering!!

The Warrior Pantry:

Welcome back, Warriors! The Warrior Pantry has enjoyed seeing so many of you already this semester. The pantry is now open in our new location in SUB/CSL 140 on the lower level near the cafeteria. The new location provides more space to offer additional fresh, frozen and canned food for any hungry Warrior.

Participation has increased through its more visible location and helped by the SD 107 class tours. Pantry staff hope students will feel comfortable visiting when the need arises. Toilet paper, facial tissue and personal hygiene items are available, too.

For those interested in making donations, there are boxes in most buildings on campus, or one can bring them directly to the pantry during the regular hours of 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday. The pantry also offers volunteer opportunities for those who need hours for classes or clubs. Please reach out to the Julia Frey, pantry coordinator, at [email protected] or stop by SUB 214.

Isn't this little guy so cute?!? I'm literally crying right now! Save the Bees!!