LCSC 60s themed homecoming week filled with events

Staff, Staff Writer

Thursday, October 3
Career Fair
Time: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Location: Activity Center
Employers interested in hiring LC students and alumni will be on campus. Visit with businesses and graduate programs from Idaho and out-of-state. There’s something for everyone: part-time and full-time employment, as well as internships. For a full listing of businesses and graduate programs attending the Fair, review the Career Fair page in Handshake: lcsc.joinhandshake.com.
This event is for students and alums only
After-the-Fair Social
Time: 4:30 – 6:30 p.m.
Location: SAC Hall Atrium
Nursing and Health Science’s will host an after-the-fair social with healthcare employers who attended the Career Fair. This is an excellent networking opportunity for NHS students and alumni to chat with employers from around the region. Sponsored by St. Joseph Regional Medical Center and Prestige Care. Lip Sync Battle
Time: 7 p.m.
Location: Silverthorne Theater
Students, alumni, and faculty/staff are welcome to participate. Deadline to register is Wednesday, September 25 and is limited to the first 20 acts. Songs are limited to 90 seconds and bring your swagger. A panel of judges will determine the winners and prizes will be awarded to the two top individual and best group contestants. To register, contact Debbie Kolstad ([email protected]).

Friday, October 4
Apollo 11 moon landing kickball tournament
Time: 12 – 1 p.m.
Location: Library Field
Oh, it’s on! Watch the LC State faculty and staff take on current students! To register your team email Holly Daugherty, [email protected]
LCSC archives open house
Time: 2 – 4 p.m.
Location: Library
Hosted by the LCSC Library and LCSC Alumni Association
Steven Branting
Time: 4 p.m.
Location: Sacajawea Hall Room 112
Before the NAIA run of 19 national baseball championships began, Lewis-Clark State College’s earlier incarnations fielded teams and individuals whose exploits filled local and regional sports pages. This presentation will tell some of their stories.
Downtown Artwalk
Time: 5 – 9 p.m.
Location: Downtown
Alumni and students: Stop by the LC State Alumni table at the LC Center for Arts and History and pick up your complimentary pilsner glass!
Volleyball game: Hippie theme
Time: 7 p.m.
Activity Center
Flag Find and Campus Decorating Winners Announced around 7 p.m.
Gimme s’more lovin’ fire pit mix and mingle
Time: 9 p.m.
Location: Multiuse Field
After the Volleyball game enjoy the fall evening with friends and family around a fire pit making s’mores!

Saturday, October 5
Guided tree tours
Join us for a guided tour of the Lewis-Clark State College campus. The LCSC Arboretum Committee has identified 14 trees or tree groupings that highlight the campus Arboretum. On the Tree Tour, you will learn about tree identification, fun facts, and more! Tree tour will happen rain or shine. The walk is about 1 mile, and we will meet at the parking lot at the northeast corner of 6th Street and 9th Ave.
Men’s basketball alumni game
Time: 5 p.m.
Location: LCSC Activity Center
Contact Coach Johnson for more details.. 208-792-2865 [email protected]
Alumni 101: paint and sip
Time: 6 to 9 p.m.
Location: Art Uncorked (620 Main Street, Lewiston, ID)
Registration: $20 per person
Bring your friends! Class is open to alumni, students, and friends 18 and over! Pre-registration is required.