Women’s volleyball and golf start strong

Back to Article
Back to Article

Alyssa Smith

Alyssa Smith

Alyssa Smith

Sam Harrison, Staff Writer

Volleyball

The Warrior volleyball team opened their conference play against the Montana State-Northern Polar Bears just a few weeks ago. The Warrior’s swept the series 3-0 (25-21, 25-21, 25-15). The first two sets were well fought out with a back and forth high scoring game going on. Tori Edwards and Denise Elder combined for a solid seventeen kills in the game. Jordan Hunter helped contribute by adding six kills and blocking one. Josilyn Remick had a total of 20 assists to lead the kills. The team combined a total of 3 blocks to help lead the Warriors to a win.

The second conference game was played against #16 Providence. The Warriors fought hard but lost 0-3 (25-23, 25-23, 25-22). The ranked team contained one of the NAIA’s top players in an outside hitter. The senior hitter was the biggest problem on LC’s side. Gionni Brown had 20 digs to try and stop the Argos from scoring. Edwards, Elder, and Hunter combined for a total of 23 kills. Sydney Lawrence came into the game to block 4 and helped the Warriors fight back. Errors showed to be the biggest problem for the team and led to a harder route back into the game.

Golf

Senior golfer Madilyn Brown placed first in the team’s last tournament in Helena, Montana. Alexandra Schmidt and Lauren Hamm were close behind as they place second and third. Freshman Deana Caruso and Tatyana Carlson tie for fifth. The podium was loaded with LCSC Warriors and led to a tournament win.