Advance Registration incentives; meet with your advisor today!

Staff

LCSC Advanced Registration is coming soon, and students can prepare now to get the spring schedule they want.

Besides getting an optimal schedule, if students register before Friday, Nov. 15, they are eligible to be entered to win a $500 Bookstore gift card.

Starting today, current students can independently schedule courses, including choosing dates and times, from the Student Planning link located in WarriorWeb.

On the general LCSC website, the Program Requirements and Sequential Plans tabs listed for each major and minor can help students figure out the right courses to take for their degree or certificate. Advisors can also help students determine course plans for spring 2020 and beyond.

Students should meet with their advisors in the next four weeks to discuss their planned courses for spring 2020. Learners who are changing majors should inform advisors in order to make the necessary degree and course adjustments. If students are not sure who their advisor is, they can click the “My Profile and Advisor Information” link in WarriorWeb’s Students’ menu.

After meeting with an advisor, this staff member will release students to register. This release has been renamed “Advisement Complete.”

Students should also check ahead of time in WarriorWeb to see if there are any holds that are preventing them from registering. Parking tickets and other fines must be paid to ensure a clear release to register.

“Sometimes students wait to register because they are busy…with mid-terms, projects and life. But I strongly encourage students to take advantage of Advance Registration so that they acquire the most ideal class schedule. As an added benefit this year, every student who registers before Friday, Nov. 15, at midnight has the chance to win a $500 Bookstore gift card!” said Debra Lybyer, director of the LCSC Advising Center.

Student registration data will be collected during Advance Registration week until midnight Friday, Nov. 15.

As an incentive for LCSC departments, the instructional division with the highest percentages of students registered will be provided with a division-wide pizza party to be held at a date determined by the division.

If the division has presence at the CDA LC Campus, a separate pizza party will be held for the division in that location. Students in two divisions, such as Business and Communication, will be counted twice, once in each division. The pool of students will be taken from the total in each division after Nov. 8, the last day to withdraw.

Web registration for Spring 2020 will be available at 8:00 a.m. each date during the Advance Registration period. Only currently enrolled students may register prior to open registration.