Homecoming games move Warrior volleyball to 9-1 at home

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Warrior volleyball team swept Carroll College Oct. 4 during the homecoming match, the final score was 3-0. They also dominated during the Oct. 5 match against Montana Tech winning 3-1 to punctuate Homecoming weekend with a powerful triumph.

Alyssa Smith

Alyssa Smith

Alyssa Smith

Sam Harrison, Staff Writer

The LC Warriors Volleyball team faced two opponents during Homecoming week. Carroll College and Montana Tech came in looking for wins against a successful Warrior team. The Warriors swept the Carroll College Halo’s 3-0 (25-21, 25-13, 25-17). The first set was a back and forth game with points coming from each side.

After Carroll’s first set loss, it seemed like they couldn’t find it later. Freshman Carli Berntson had a season-high 10 kills coming from the right side.

Tori Edwards and Jordan Hunter added to the kill sheet by adding a combined 15. Gionni Brown supported the team by digging out 18 with Kenzie Dean digging out nine as well.

The following day the Lady Warriors faced a #16 Montana Tech team. The Homecoming game was won in four sets. The Warriors won the games 3-1 (25-19, 12-25, 25-22, 26-24). The first set proved to everyone in attendance that the match was going to be competitive. The team lost the second set and made an impressive bounce back to win the third. Brooke Kaawa led the team in kills with 17. Edwards and Hunter added another 22.

These three athletes had 39 of the team’s 51 kills against the Oredigger’s. Jess Ruffing and Josilyn Remick had a total of 40 assists to set up the kills.

Brown had 26 digs to add to her weekend total of 44. The last set ended with an injury to outside hitter Jordan Hunter.

Hunter came down awkwardly after the play resulting in her being walked off the court by the staff.