Warrior volleyball breaks into the national ranking

Sam Harrison, Staff Writer

The LC Warriors Volleyball team broke into the national rankings.
The team in the past coaches poll ranked 24th in the most recent poll. According to the LC Warrior Athletics news page, this was the first time they have made it in the top 25 since 2016.
This ranking came right after a massive win against Rocky Mountain College. The RMC Bears were ranked number one in the Frontier Conference and by defeating the Bears, Warrior volleyball moved up to tie Rocky Mountain for the first-place spot.
The Warriors beat the Bears 3-1 (28-26, 21-25, 25-22, 25-20). The first set was hard-fought and included some miraculous plays from star senior libero Gionni Brown.
The points came from an outstanding performance by Morgan Ness leading the game with nineteen kills. But LC’s defense could not have been better.
The two freshmen, Channa Hart and Carli Berntson, had two blocks, but somehow Rocky Mountain continued to get the ball onto the court.
LC continued to dig the ball out and Brown led the charge with twenty-eight. Hannah Pond and Kenzie Dean added to the total with a combined thirty-one digs. This goes to show how much the team was wanting this win.
The LC Warriors showed a big fight in this game and if you saw it you knew how bad they wanted it.
The next game came against a team that was almost a guaranteed win on LC’s senior day.
The Montana Western Bulldogs came in and put up a fight against the Warriors. LC swept the game 3-0 (25-20, 25-23, 25-14).
The team seemed to play like they knew they were already supposed to win the game and it led to errors and simple mistakes.
The stats speak for themselves as Josilyn Remick ended the game with thirty-three assists.
Channa Hart had a season-high four blocks and it was obvious that she played her role well.
After this game was finished, the team was brought into a huddle with a coach in the huddle announcing that Rocky Mountain had lost their game against Montana Tech, this made Warrior Volleyball officially ranked number one in the frontier conference.