We need these stores in the Valley… now!

Mikayla Hartley, Staff Writer

Though the LC Valley is full of hidden treasures that truly make it a unique college town, those who live here, or moved here from other cities, have all had the realization that their *insert favorite store/restaurant* wasn’t here. It’s understandable for a lot of these companies to not be in this area, or why they had to leave, but a college kid can dream!
This is a compiled a list of some stores, restaurants, and activity centers that several students of LCSC have stated that they wanted, and brief explanations as to why they should be here:
Chipotle: There’s not a lot burrito fast food places around. Chipotle is one of the few fast-food restaurants where you can get a burrito that weighs the same as a newborn child at the price of under 10$.
Boba Place: In some moments, it seems worth it to take the drive to Pullman or Moscow to get that special drink with the little tapioca balls and the big straw, but it would be a lot nicer to have it in town for the sake of convenience.
Chick-fil-a: This was the most demanded fast-food chain that was brought up. Chick-fil-a makes a mean chicken sandwich, which one could argue that you could get at any other fast food restaurant in the valley. But it’s just not the same. Chick-fil-a also has its special sauce that they had to take away from their sauce station because people were taking too much of it. Their frozen lemonade is also an irreplaceable treat that no other restaurant can mimic properly. Lewiston needs a Chick-fil-a.
Krispy Kreme: This donut making machine of a company makes the best-glazed donuts ever. Every time a visit to Boise is mentioned, the trek to the Krispy Kreme is never questioned. It would rock Lewiston’s socks off it came to the valley.
Arcade: Although there are a few small local arcades around, like One Up in Clarkston, it would be nice to have something a little bigger in the area. It would be a casual place to go to on the weekends after classes to play crane games and earn tickets for cheap entertaining Knickknacks.
Actual Mall: Lewiston has a lot of strip malls scattered around Thain and the Orchards. While these have some good branded companies and local businesses, it would be interesting to have a central indoor mall. This can lead to more brands to be opened up and brought here as well!
Barnes and Noble: Something that is lacking in the valley is a decent-sized bookstore. Barnes and Noble is not only great for supplying a new place to shop, but also where people can hang out, study, and cozy up to a new book.
Target: Maybe it’s the name or maybe it’s the big red target design, but Target is on another level when it comes to big brand stores. It’s always got great deals and is a nice place to window shop and splurge on decorative decor or clothes. Once you go into a Target, you are bound to find something for everyone.
Although Lewiston doesn’t have these shops and restaurants, it still has some wonderful alternatives. Walking in downtown Lewiston can be more amusing than you may think. There are tons of local businesses around that give Lewiston that unique flare. Try taking a peak in one of the antique stores, or get a nice slice of chocolate cake and coffee at Mystic Cafe!
The LC Valley may not have all the big-name companies and brands that we all know and love, but it has charming local businesses and hidden wonders scattered around the city. On your next free day, go try to visit some stores new to you. You may be surprised by what you find. You may find your little piece of Lewiston that makes it your town.