LCSC welcomes graduate school representatives, employers at 2nd annual career fair

Gracyn Richardson

The Lewis-Clark State College Student Employment and Career Center is hosting a virtual career fair from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Oct. 8.

The 2nd annual career fair is an opportunity for students to meet with graduate school representatives, as well as potential employers. LCSC students can register by logging into their Handshake profile at lcsc.joinhandshake.com.

When on Handshake, students can then click events, and scroll until they find the Oct. 8 career fair and flag it for notifications.

Students then should click the “register” button in the top right corner, and then find employers that they want to meet with.

Erin Cassetto, Director of Student Employment, commented, “LCSC is going to have nearly 30 graduate schools and employers attending this year’s virtual fair. Businesses and Graduate programs come to the fair because they want to recruit LC State students.”

“The employers know about LCSC’s quality programs and want to hear about the student’s experiences and qualifications,” Cassetto said. The full list of businesses can be accessed via handshake, so we might want to include a link to handshake as well.

The virtual career fair format will allow students to register for the event early, avoid long lines, and prepare between meeting with different career fair representatives. There will be informational sessions as well as one on one sessions available to students.

Marc Batete, LCSC senior, commented “Students should participate in the fair because, as a Senior, I am just now being exposed to the reality of being a job seeker and it is a challenging experience. This is true for everyone, but more so for international students who have a narrow field of opportunity and a very tight timing to beat due to the restrictions that come with our status.”

Batete also commented “Most students make the mistake of waiting their junior or senior year to start making those meaningful connections, when really there are just as many opportunities out there for seniors as there are for sophomores. Participating in the fair will accomplish many things for them.”

Erin Cassetto also said “If students are simply curious about a business we encourage registering for an information session. If students know where they want to attend graduate school or want to talk with a business, then we also recommend pinning down one of the highly sought after one on one sessions with a recruiter.”

LCSC’s career fair is a way for students to start their after-college career path and easily accessible this year due to the fair being completely virtual.

For more information on the career fair check out https://www.lcsc. edu/student-employment/students/ career-fair.