2020 employers and universities

Gracyn Richardson, Editor

The 2020 annual Career Fair holds many employers and higher education universities for LCSC students to hold interviews with for their careers outside of college. The career fair is holding the following employers for this school year:

Idaho Department of Health and Welfare, Social Assistance: Idaho Department of Health and Welfare is Idaho’s largest state government agency, employing about 2,850 individuals statewide. DHW works to provide Idahoans with health and human services, access to health insurance programs, support for families and children, and hospitalization services for mentally and developmentally disabled patients. We have offices throughout Idaho, operate 4 hospitals/residential facilities and a state lab. We strive to promote and protect the health and safety of Idahoans, from birth throughout life. Enjoy our competitive benefits package! Including excellent low-cost medical, dental & vision insurance; generous vacation and sick leave accrual as soon as you start; 10 paid holidays a year; one of the nation’s best state retirement systems; savings plans; life insurance; and more.

P1FCU, Commercial Banking: Full-service financial institution. Prestige Care, Healthcare: MAKE A DIFFERENCE! Prestige Care is a privately-owned organization that operates over 80 independent living, assisted living, skilled nursing, and rehabilitation communities for seniors in 8 states. Headquartered in Vancouver, Washington, Prestige has 4 strong and identifiable core values (integrity, trust, commitment, and respect) that drive everything we do and every business decision that we make. We have an array of advancement opportunities in the healthcare field that allow individuals to excel in a collaborative work environment that encourages career growth and innovation. Your contributions will make a direct impact on resident care. As a full-time employee of Prestige Care, you will enjoy the benefits and attributes that set us apart including competitive compensation, great benefits, and a fun supportive work environment!

US Army and Army Reserve Lewiston ID Office, Defense: Active Army and Army Reserve. Great opportunity with over 150 different jobs. Great Pay and Benefits with starting pay $35000 to $50000 and goes up quickly. 30 vacation days per year. Free college while serving and 4 years free upon completion. 20 year retirements. Huge sign on bonuses possible up to $20000 based on job you pick! Everything is guaranteed in your contract and no commitment is required to meet with us and go over everything. We would love to meet you and talk about serving as a Soldier in the Active Army or Army Reserve!

Alternative Nursing Services, Inc., Healthcare: Alternative Nursing Services, Inc. (A.N.S.) has been providing In-Home Health Care services since 1995. Our compassionate and dependable caregivers help those with physical and development disabilities. We also serve to help seniors remain independent in the comfort of their own home. Our team of dedicated and qualified care coordinators use a holistic approach to oversee and ensure that the care provided is exactly what our clients need. We make life safer and simpler for individuals and their family members.

Ethos Group, Management Consulting: Ethos Group provides automotive dealerships across the country with a variety of products and services which help to increase their profitability and create exceptional customer experiences. Our comprehensive approach involves our corporate recruiting, consulting, training, and technology teams working hands on with our clients. Our cloud based technology and customizable software are transforming the way customers buy vehicles and dealerships do business. Hiring exceptional people is essential for both Ethos Group and our clients to meet the changing demands of the marketplace and develop leaders in all areas of our business.

Shore Lodge, Hotels and Accommodations: Shore Lodge an award-winning lakefront resort located in McCall, Idaho, the heart of the Salmon River Mountains and one of the best ski towns to visit. A four season mountain retreat that is peaceful, authentic and vibrant. A 77-room premier hotel; acclaimed restaurants; a full-service spa; indoor/outdoor salt water immersion pools; a year-round swimming pool/ hot tub; scenic indoor-outdoor event spaces with floor-to-ceiling windows; access to Whitetail Club’s golf course. A 2 hour drive from Boise, situated near 3 major river systems and close to the best and most plentiful natural hot springs in the lower 48 states. The resort is also located just 10 minutes from Brundage Mountain, which Ski Magazine has credited with ‘the best powder in Idaho’ and provides lift-assisted access to more than 20 miles of mountain bike trails.

Benefis Health System, Healthcare: Benefis Health System: This is your opportunity to be part of an exceptional health system in a state that is well known for its beautiful four seasons and outdoor lifestyle. While enjoying the last best place, you’ll have the added benefit of having access to Benefis Health System, one of the state’s most modern and progressive healthcare facilities with 500+ beds and over 270 employed medical staff members representing more than 40 specialties. Our state-of-the-art facilities and cutting-edge technologies make Benefis an exceptional working environment and one of the 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare five years in a row.

Washington State University, Higher Education: As one of the nation’s top public research institutions, Washington State University conducts research that improves the lives of people across the globe. When you make the choice to join WSU, you are joining a community committed to making a positive difference in the lives of others. You will join a team of faculty and staff dedicated to bringing the world the next generation of innovators, leaders, health care providers, and citizens. Whether in Pullman, Spokane, Tri-Cities, Vancouver, Everett, at WSU Extension offices and research centers or through the online Global Campus, WSU employees promote academic excellence and innovative research that serves the world. Through its network of small business development and Extension offices, WSU is the only university in the state with locations serving all of Washington’s 39 counties.

Swedish Medical Center, Healthcare: VISION, Health for a better world, OUR PROMISE Extraordinary care. Extraordinary caring. Swedish is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); ambulatory care centers in Redmond and Mill Creek; and Swedish Medical Group, a network of 117 primary and specialty care locations throughout the greater Puget Sound area. Our commitment to improving the health of our region extends beyond patient care. Whether through physician clinics, health education, research and innovation or other means of outreach, we are committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond.

Telecare Corporation, Healthcare: Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations, and have over 80 programs and over 2,500 employees across the country. And we’re growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.

Stotz Equipment, Other Agriculture: Stotz Equipment is a single-family owned and operated John Deere dealership since 1947. With over 70 years of experience, our team of sales, service, and parts employees provide consistency of service through our commitment to building long-term relationships, delivering quality products, and being involved in the communities of our 25 store locations in 8 states. Stotz Equipment holds true to its founding values of Quality, Integrity, Loyalty, Caring, and Community. We believe people are the core of our success and believe in supporting their personal and professional growth. Stotz Equipment is dedicated to creating a better life for our families, communities, and those connected to the land.

Hecla Mining Company, Other industries: Hecla Mining Company’s rich history of mining has distinguished it as a respected precious metals producer. Hecla is not only the largest and one of the lowest-cost U.S. silver producers but also a growing gold producer. It is the oldest precious metals mining company in North America.

Northwestern Mutual Inland Northwest, Investment / Portfolio Management: The Financial Representative Internship offers real-world experience with one of the most diverse, inclusive Fortune 100 companies in the U.S.! NM’s internship has been rated Top 100 in the nation for 24 years running, and NM – Inland Northwest was rated one of the Inland Northwest’s Best Places to Work for 2020. Start building the foundation in finance, insurance, and sales that will help you deliver excellent financial security to your clients. Lay the foundation for a client base and a successful practice, with support from your mentor, coach, and colleagues. At Northwestern Mutual, you’ll work for yourself -but never by yourself. Gain real-life experiences while earning performance-based compensation. Our attractive reimbursement program for professional studies can lead to a professional designation for interns who go full time.

Spokane Army Healthcare Recruiting Station, Healthcare: Spokane United States Army Health Care Recruiting Station.

North Dakota State University Graduate School, higher education: NDSU is a student-focused, landgrant, research university with an overall student population of about 14,000 and a graduate student population of nearly 2,000. Our graduate students come from nearly every domestic state and more than 60 countries across the world. We offer 86 master’s programs, 53 doctoral programs, and 20 graduate certificates within eight unique colleges. We are located in Fargo, ND – a safe, welcoming, and vibrant community of about 230,000 with a unique rural-urban feel; bustling entrepreneurial atmosphere; rich culture; great local fare, arts, and entertainment; and family-friendly environment. Connect with NDSU Graduate School to see how we can help you advance your education and career opportunities!

Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Electronic & Computer Hardware: SEL partners with customers around the world to ensure the safe, reliable, and economical delivery of electric power. We design, manufacture, and support a complete line of products and services, ranging from generator and transmission protection to distribution automation and control systems. SEL was founded in 1982 when Dr. Edmund O. Schweitzer, III, invented the first all-digital protective relay, reducing the cost and complexity of power protection and revolutionizing the electric power industry. Today, SEL provides products, solutions, and services in 144 countries, employs approximately 5,000 people worldwide, and is 100 percent employee-owned.

Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine, Higher Education: The Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM) is Idaho’s first medical school. ICOM’s mission is to train osteopathic physicians prepared for caring for persons in Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming and beyond. The Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM) is Idaho’s first medical school. Idaho is the epicenter of great physician needs in the US, ranking 50th in terms of primary care physicians per capita and 49th in overall physicians per capita. ICOM will improve healthcare in the region for generations to come.

Saint Alphonsus Health System, Healthcare: Saint Alphonsus Health System is a not-for-profit, Catholic health system serving southwestern Idaho, eastern Oregon and northern Nevada. Our four-hospital health system is anchored by the only Level II Trauma Center in the region, delivering the highest quality care to our critically ill and injured patients with compassion and respect. Our team of more than 5,000 medical staff and associates is dedicated to serving the 700,000 people of our region.

Gonzaga University, Higher Education: Gonzaga University helps you attain your graduate degree in a focused and personal way. What are your hopes? What are your concerns? Where do you see yourself in five years? We’ll help you discern the program that will enable you to reach your goals whether in business, education, engineering, nursing, arts and sciences, or leadership studies. With nearly 30 graduate and doctoral degrees available, we can help you open the door to your future.

University of Idaho, Higher Education: The University of Idaho has a statewide mission to deliver affordable public legal education. As part of that mission, the College of Law has developed a focused, high-quality curriculum, including opportunities for professional development, hands-on legal clinics, and networking in Moscow and Boise. Students have the option to complete all three years in either Moscow or Boise. These two options expand the Juris Doctor curriculum with an emphasis on areas correlated to the interdisciplinary assets of Moscow’s location as part of the broader University of Idaho campus and Boise’s commercial and governmental opportunities.

Economic Modeling, LLC, Other Industries: Economic Modeling, LLC (Emsi / www.economicmodeling.com) is a software, data, and services company that helps clients better understand the connection between economies, people, and work. Owned by Strada Education Network, we are a fast-growing company dedicated to using data to drive economic prosperity. Our main offices are located in Idaho and the UK, and we have clients across the US, Canada, the UK and Australia. Emsi’s data products include comprehensive, local labor market information (LMI), regional economic models (input-output), human capital analytics, demographics, and more.

Stonebraker McQuary Insurance, Insurance: We are committed to providing resources to local individuals, households and businesses for the purpose of reducing risk, promoting the achievement of personal goals and building the value of businesses. We have been serving our Inland Northwest communities since 1923. It’s not just about insurance. Beyond insurance, there is a better way of doing things that contributes to stronger, more vibrant communities. Join us.

Grand Canyon University, Higher Education: Grand Canyon University is Arizona’s premier, private Christian university committed to delivering affordable, transformative higher education. Find your purpose at gcu.edu

Idaho Society of CPAs, Other Industries: The Idaho Society is a professional association dedicated to the advancement of the CPA profession in Idaho. We give you the tools, resources and support you need to help you succeed.

Office of the Washington State Auditor, Government – Local, State & Federal: Through the skilled financial, performance, and accountability audits, our office completes more than 2,100 audits every year. Our auditors have an opportunity to work on an array of audits across the state and take pride in the role they play helping governments work better, cost less and deliver higher value.

Homewatch Caregivers, Healthcare: We Deliver Quality Caregiving Services. When the time comes that extra care is required, whether due to age or health condition, many people fort of their own home. At Homewatch CareGivers, we believe prefer the familiarity and comthat good care should not interfere with your quality of life, so we do everything we can to keep you or your loved one comfortable. We deliver the compassionate care needed to make it through day-to-day activities while still maintaining a healthy dose of independence.

Idaho Department of Juvenile Corrections, Legal and Law Enforcement: The Idaho Department of Juvenile Corrections (IDJC) is a mid-size agency that includes direct-care, clinical, medical, education, custodial, food-service, administrative and professional emphasis.

Capital Fellows Programs, Sacramento State, Center for CA Studies, Government – Local, State & Federal: The Capital Fellows Programs (Assembly, Senate, Executive and Judicial) Offer a 10-11 month fellowship opportunity to engage in public service, and leadership. Earn 6 graduate credits in Political Science or Public Policy and Administration from Sacramento State and receive a graduate certificate in Applied Policy and Government upon completion. Monthly stipend of $2,964/month; medical, dental and vision benefits. Applications are available October 2020 and the 2021-22 deadline is February 1, 2021. Application are online at: https://www.csus.edu/center/ center-california-studies/capital-fellows.html Must have a bachelor’s degree in any major by September 1, 2021.