LC hold Alice in Wonderland

Antonia Gutierrez, Assistant Editor

The LCSC Silverthorne Theatre Group will be presenting their production of Alice in Wonderland from Nov. 4 to Nov. 7 .

This won’t be a typical play though, it will be performed virtually through Zoom. They will be livestreaming it to their YouTube channel too. Since it is going to be virtual, the show will be free to everyone, including the public.

“Alice in Wonderland” has been in the works since this past Spring. Due to campus being shut down and classes going remote, the production had to be postponed. Some of the original cast members even graduated and moved on with their lives. Since the show will be virtual, it has made it possible for some original cast members to still be a part of it.

Courtney Urban is one of these cast members. She explained that there were also other cast members who had graduated and moved back home. Some of the cast members are in different towns and even other states.

Although the production is back on, there have been many changes, aside from it being a virtual show. The script has actually been changed. This is one of the reasons why the show will be free; there are no royalty fees to pay.

The show will start with Alice in the hospital doing her school work through Zoom, something that has become a reality for most people. From there she will “sucked” into Wonderland.

The original show was actually going to include huge puppets. Before the production had to be postponed, the crew had been working on making at least 30 different puppets that were going to be in the show.

Jeff Petterson and Christina Brandt are the brilliant directors behind this show. There are 10 actors and actresses and about twice as many people working behind the scenes.

Rehearsals are also very different. Since there are some people who aren’t in the valley, and with social distancing guidelines, all rehearsals have been online through, you guessed it, Zoom.

Just like in a normal classroom setting, sometimes there are technical problems that can make rehearsal a bit stressful.

It’ll be exciting to see how it all plays out. Don’t forget to mark your calendars!