LC State end of March events and information

Gracyn Richardson

As the ides of March slowly pass, college students across the country take a unanimous sigh in preparation for spring break.
Unfortunately, COVID-19 had to happen and LC-State’s spring break was made more into a pre-summerfiesta.
Happening a week before students leave, spring break was taken out of the plans of the end of March and was replaced with exciting events happening in town, or online!
Build Your Own Lucky Clover Garden:
Hosted by Amber L. Allred & International Programs, LC students can have fun building and growing their own lucky clover garden!
According to the event calendar’s information on the event, seeds have a chance to be four-leaf clovers and/or contain a golden flower.
Students can come by the office RCH Rm 212 Monday through Friday the 26 to build their own clover garden, or pick up the supplies to build one at home.
The event counts for 1 hour and 30 minutes of community engagements. An example of a Lucky Four-Leaf Clover Garden will be displayed in the International Programs office along with a card of directions on how students can plant and care for their lucky clover garden.
Directions are located both on the bags and on a separate card in the kit. If students have any questions, contact Amber Allred at [email protected], or if students have an interest in the event so that the program can gather more kits if needed.
Disclaimer: This activity may only be available while supplies last. Heavy Inspiration for this event came from other campus craft activities, St. Patrick’s Day, and Spring.
Concert at Mystic Café:
Hosted by Mystic Café, Kyle Richard is a “fun pop singer and songwriter” that will be performing live music from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
According to the event calendar, he uses multiple instruments including acoustic and electric guitar, keyboard, and vocals.
Through the use of a loop pedal, he records himself live and plays it back on a loop adding many layers to create a sound that students might normally hear from a full band.
This always creates a unique and exciting experience and counts as community engagement hours.
Disclaimer: Due to COVID-19 Events may close with short notice. Please inform [email protected] if there are difficulties entering this event, so that changes can be made on the calendar and others can be informed promptly.
Orchard Lanes Bowling:
Presented by LC State Intramurals and Hosted by Amber L.
Allred, from 6:00 to 10:00 p.m., at 244 Thain Rd in Lewiston, students can go bowling and play an unlimited amount of games until the lanes closed.
This event is every Tuesday and the cost is $6 when students show their Warrior Student ID. The cost covers shoe rentals as well!
Warrior Entertainment Board Easter Egg Hunt: