April 7 LC-State student news update

LC State Student News

ANNOUNCEMENTS

• Vaccine Reminder: Lewis-Clark State College is partnering with Public Health – Idaho North Central District to hold a vaccine clinic available to students Friday, April 9, from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. This clinic will focus on the Johnson & Johnson/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine, a single dose vaccination. The one-and-done opportunity this vaccine provides will be especially helpful to students as they conclude the semester and prepare to travel home. It will be administered free of charge to any student aged 18 or older who wishes to be vaccinated, and has not received other COVID-19 vaccine(s).

Participation in the clinic requires an appointment. To register for the April 9 clinic, use this link: idahoprepmod.com/reg/6075129844

Public Health – Idaho North Central District is located at 215 10th Street in downtown Lewiston. You are welcome to drive yourself to your appointment or take advantage of a free shuttle service provided by the college. Shuttles will depart every 20 minutes from the west parking lot just outside the Williams Conference Center, starting at 8:30 a.m. on Friday. The shuttles can accommodate six people at a time and will be available on a first come, first served basis. Students can also take advantage of Public Health’s weekly appointment-based two-shot vaccination options.

• Additional Vaccine Opportunity: Schweitzer Engineering in Lewiston is hosting a COVID-19 vaccine clinic on April 16 and has openings. This immunization clinic will have the Pfizer two-dose vaccination. Here’s the link to the online appointment scheduling.
  • Warrior Wellness Week: Explore the benefits of physical and mental wellness! Check out the in-person and virtual events planned each day through Friday, April 9. Open to all students!
  • Printing of Final Projects:The Graphic Communications Printshop is available to help students with the printing of their final projects. Bring your projects in and see how we can help you. The Printshop is located in the lower level of Sam Glenn, Room 113.
  • Spring Fever? The Math and Science Tutoring Center is taking its tutoring outside! It will be tutoring outside in the SUB amphitheater every Thursday afternoon from 3-5 p.m., as long as the weather cooperates. Tutors will be available for many biology, chemistry, and math courses. Face coverings and social distancing are still required. Contact Suzanne Rousseau for more information ([email protected]).

EVENTS

• Food Drive: The 9th annual Art of Giving food drive is sending hunger packing. Volunteers are needed to help for two to three hours with distributing bags and collecting non-perishable food and other items on both Monday, April 19, and Tuesday, April 20, from 3:30-5:30 p.m. All donations benefit local food banks, including the LC Food Pantry. Interested in helping? Contact Leif Hoffmann at 208-792-2818 or [email protected]
  • Smash Bros.:  Come blow off some steam in the Smash Bros. Tournament.  Friday, April 9 from 5 p.m. to 7p.m. in the WCC. 

FACULTY WISDOM

“Stress is part of life, especially towards the end of the semester. We all experience it, and cope with it, differently. Some stress can be helpful in motivating us to get things done. However, too much can negatively impact our mood, relationships, and academic performance. It’s ok to stop and focus on yourself and do something calming when stress gets to be too much to handle. You could: take a walk to refocus, organize your to-do list and refocus on goals that are attainable, reach out for social support, find a new place to study like the library or a coffee house, or celebrate your big and small accomplishments. By taking a break, you might not only minimize the stress but also become aware of what is causing it, and identify what you can, and cannot, control.” – Dr. Manee Moua, Assistant Professor Social Science Division

IMPORTANT DATES

• April 8 – Last day to drop from classes or withdraw for the semester (16-week courses)
  • April 12-15 – Summer/fall registration begins
  • April 2630 – Spring Break
  • May 3 – Last day to apply for fall graduation
  • May 14 – Graduation
  • May 19 – Final grades posted to WarriorWeb
  • For more information on important dates, check the Academic Calendar.