April 21 LC State student news update

LC State Student News

ANNOUNCEMENTS

Family Weekend 2021 is this week! Check out the event page for more information and see some of the events below.

Looking for Summer Work? Summer jobs have been posted recently on Handshake, with more being added daily. For example, the Clearwater County Sherriff’s Office posted a Seasonal Marine Deputy position for Dworshak Reservoir – in the past, a paid position like this could potentially also count as a summer internship!

EVENTS

TODAY! Movie on the Library Lawn: Come watch the movie Shrek on the Library Lawn! Open to all students. Join the fun Wednesday, April 21, at 6 p.m. with live music and lawn games. Movie starts at 7:45 p.m. Popcorn, ice cream, and bottled water provided. Masks required when not eating. Blankets or chairs suggested and please sit with your “family unit.”

Cornhole Tournament at Bryden Canyon: Two-person teams with a four-game guarantee. There will be giveaways, prizes, music, and more! Some of the prizes include Bluetooth speakers, Apple Air Pods and/or a TV! Team registration on IMLeagues closes at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, April 21. Event will be Thursday, April 22, at 4 p.m.

Virtual Paint and Sip: Register for the virtual paint class on Saturday, April 24, from 2-4 p.m. LC State alum Myndie Van Horn, owner of Art Uncorked in Lewiston, will lead the class. There’s no cost for the class and it includes a mug with LC vinyl logo, paint and glaze. The class is limited to 25 individuals and pre-registration is required, use the promo code STUDENT. (Free registration sponsored by the Advancement Office).

“Life After 12,500 Volts”:Gary Norland and his wife Jeanne share his story and will talk about the ripple effect an injury has on a person, their family, and community. Gary was electrocuted at the local paper mill, endured multiple surgeries and skin grafts, and has altered the lives of everyone around him. Thursday, April 22, at 10:30 a.m. on Zoom, or in person in the Schweitzer Career & Technical Education Center conference room on the third floor. Seating is limited.

Baseball Games: There are 3 home LC State baseball games this weekend.  Here is a link to the schedule with times.  Students attend for free with a Warrior ID card.

FACULTY WISDOM

“It’s almost SPRING BREAK!! What’s your internal barometer measuring? Do you need to relax, release, and revive? If you are deficient in these areas, then fill up during the break! Significant planning, tremendous work, and balancing life have consumed the past few months. Did you know that one of the greatest artists of the Renaissance, Michelangelo, would spend days on end sculpting or painting until he was bleeding? He was THAT passionate and committed to his work. While I hope none of you are at that point (although it might feel that way!), it does illustrate the essence of commitment fueled by interests and goals. If you’ve lost that for just a bit, use the break to enliven your senses, explore outside, and maybe even do something you didn’t expect. This will renew your approach and equip you for a successful finish!” – Jenny Scott, associate professor of business

IMPORTANT DATES

April 2630 – Spring Break

May 3 – Last day to apply for fall graduation

May 14 – Graduation

May 19 – Final grades posted to WarriorWeb

For more information on important dates, check the Academic Calendar.