The LGBTQIA+ Agenda

Cassandra Arc

The gender sexuality alliance club (GSA) and the LGBTQIA+ community here on the LC State campus have been holding
many events.

The first of the GSA’s Gayme Nights took place on Aug. 31 and saw excellent attendance. These game nights will be held every other week in the Student Union Building clubhouse located on the top floor.

The GSA’s second business meeting of the semester took place on Sept. 7, during this meeting we fine tuned plans for the future of Gayme Nights.

It was brought to the GSA’s attention that the library is also holding board game nights on the first Tuesday of every month and that their events coincide with the event we had planned. It was agreed that the GSA would merge our event with the Library’s.

The other agenda items included: discussions over officer
name badges, a debrief of our welcome fair event, discussion of our future plans with the Pathfinder, a possible campus survey of LGBTQIA+ issues, and long term planning of our annual spring semester Human Library Event.

If you’d like to get involved with the planning of GSA related events please come join us at our next business meeting on Oct. 5 or join us at Gayme Night on either the 28 of Sept. or the 12 of Oct.

Boise Pride Festival was held from Sept. 9 through Sept.
12. The festival was a major success and many prominent LGBTQIA+ and allied celebrities such as Trixie Mattel, Kaleena Zanders, Todrick Hall, and many others presented.

It was held right next to the Idaho State Capital in Cecil D. Andrus Park. Free rapid covid testing was offered at the entrance to the festival and entry was denied to any individual
who didn’t either provide proof of vaccination or a negative covid test result.

The Pride Parade on Sept.12 was marvelously executed. Notable companies that participated in the parade include Alaska Airlines, Albertsons, Fred Meyer, Blue Cross of Idaho and The Balcony Club in Boise. Alaska Airlines had a particularly marvelous float.

The GSA Gayme Night held on Sept. 14 in conjunction
with the Library was a massive success. Members of the GSA
met at the clubhouse and then voyaged to the Library to participate in Professor Louis Sylvester’s organized board game event.
There were three or four different games being played at different tables throughout the entire duration of the night.