LGBTQIA+ Agenda

Cassandra Arc

The last GSA meeting of the semester was Tuesday before Thanksgiving break where it was decided that after the break members would prefer to focus on final exams and projects.

Further planning of our spring semester is in progress. As per the last update a poll of member availability times will be sent out shortly to help the GSA plan meeting times for the spring semester.

Tentatively meetings are planned for Mondays at 6pm.

Next semester the major focuses of the GSA will be the campus wide survey project and the Human Library Event. More details on the presenters and specific date of the Human Library Event will be disseminated once the GSA finishes plans for the event. It will likely occur near the end of
spring semester.

The campus wide survey project in collaboration with ASLCSC is a top priority for the GSA this spring
semester.

The GSA plans to collect data on awareness of LGBTQIA+ topics and feelings of safety and inclusion from members of the campus based on LGBTQIA+ identities.

The GSA hopes this data will allow them to identify the best places and methods to raise awareness of
LGBTQIA topics and help inform improvements to the safety and inclusion of LGBTQIA+ individuals
on campus.

Officer elections will also be held in the spring. The current president of the GSA will be graduating
LCSC this spring and therefore will not be running for reappointment.

It is the GSA’s goal to develop enough interest and membership to hopefully fill the role of historian this upcoming spring so a history of the GSA can begin to be compiled and stored for future members of the club.

Due to the success of Gayme Nights the GSA plans to continue these events in the spring, more information will be sent out to anyone on our mailing list after the first business meeting of spring semester.

If you’d like to be added to this mailing list please email us at [email protected]